Thursday, January 17, 2013

Rain Rain Go Away

Rainy days make me want to curl up with my blanket and read a book while sipping coffee from a never ending source.  The fact that it has been raining here for three days means I don't want to do anything at all.  But I need to do a lot.  I have orders to fill, marketing to do, networking to see to, and ahhhhhhhhhh.  OK.  I've gotten that out of my system.

So this morning I ordered us some more business cards.  This will be the first order that includes Jeanine's name on them.  The first set I ordered when it was just me and hair bows.  You know, when I started Creative Cuties in February 2012, I just wanted to make hair bows.  I saw all these great bows online and thought, "I can do that".  Well, turns out I can, but not the ones that I was trying to make.  I've got no problem realizing and even telling you my limits.  But I can also tell you that what I DO make, I rock at.  We've grown in one year from just bows to an entire list of gifts and projects and decor.  Next stop, BRICK AND MORTAR STORE!!  Ah that's our dream.  Jeanine and I have been talking about it for a while now.  Ultimately we need to win the lottery, pay for our children's college funds (five between the two of us), pay off our mortgages and start a nest egg.  THEN we can talk about a store and the stock it would take to run.  But for now we've devised a plan.

2013 is not only a year of giving back, but it's also a year of accomplishing things we keep saying we want to do.  For instance, neither of us have ever tasted a Mimosa.  We've decided this is a good year to start.  I've completed 5Ks, but not since the birth of my Munchkin.  So we have set the goal to complete a 5K.  That's personal stuff though.  We have business goals too.  We want to start participating in craft fairs, local market place venues, and work on expansion of our client base.  We appreciate your encouragement and support of us every day.  She's a working mom and I do the stay at home thing.  But ultimately making beautiful things is our passion.  We're already successful because of the things we're grateful for in our current lives.  Everything else is just icing on the cake.  It's a good thing we like icing...

2 comments:

  1. Brick and mortar seems so far away. I might just have to rent a corner from you guys. We did reach 1000 likes on our FaceBook fan page (https://www.facebook.com/TheWeddingDJ.net) yesterday and it is a proud moment. So proud of how far you guy's have come!

    Corey Brown (The Wedding DJ)
    http://www.theweddingdj.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Congratulations on reaching 1,000 fans! Hopefully we can join the ranks of your success this year. :) Thank you for all of your continued support!

      Delete