Monday, January 14, 2013

Networking Hokey Pokey

That's what I feel like I'm doing these days.  Don't get me wrong; it is something that I'm having fun with.  But I feel like I need an assistant to sort everything out.  (My friend and business associate Corey Brown-The Wedding DJ says he needs a secretary to keep his social networking in line...I tend to agree today).  I joined Twitter yesterday.  I'm still not entirely sure what a Tweet is or why I'm doing it, but then again I don't fully understand Google + either.  It is what it is.  I imagine that the age of technology is vastly more effective than paper fliers and mail outs.  I don't gather that I would enjoy those either.  So; on to the networking. 

I've been fortunate to come across the paths of some very talented individuals.  As I mentioned, Corey is The Wedding DJ ( blog found here: http://www.theweddingdj.net/Blog.html) and recently stated he wanted a bomber jacket to wear to 80's themed parties.  This makes me smile.  Partly because he was talking to me about a party someone wants to throw and partly because I also thought of acquiring a bomber jacket and aviator lenses.  Anyway; he's a wildly talented DJ and can offer you just about any service you require.  At an honest rate with professionalism.  Sarah is the reason we met.  Sarah Holder of Sarah Holder Photography (blog found at http://sarahholderphotography.blogspot.com/ ) introduced me to amazing people.  But not only that, she's expanded my business.  And for that I'm grateful to her.  So she and Corey both get the shout outs for this week.  (It was Corey's idea to get on Twitter.  Now let's see if it gets me anywhere.)

Since I've done the networking dance I feel as if I should say "that's what it's all about".  Because in reality, it is what it is all about.  Small businesses helping each other.  I support small business, and small business supports me.  I can get all global and political, but then my mission loses its effect.  It's much nicer to just say 'hey, go check these awesome guys out because they rock'. 

Since everyone rocks and everyone rolls and the world is just peachy these days I think it's time to make an announcement.  No, no one is pregnant, and no we don't have a brick and mortar store.  (fingers crossed for 2014).  Today's big announcement is.............

All NFL themed items are on sale!  (You didn't really think I'd type an entry and NOT offer you a discount on something, did you?)  Today's Blog follower discount is 10% off any regular priced item.  Just tell me "Patriots Rule" and you've got it.  Yes, I said Patriots.  Tom Brady and the New England Patriots dominated last night and happen to be my favorite NFL team.  Just cross your fingers they go to the Superbowl....an awesome deal comes if they do! <3

For now, enjoy your Monday (or whatever day you're reading this post), be kind to one another, and be kind to your bodies.  It's the only one you have-so be sure to feed it good food, good music, good literature, and as much positive energy as it can hold.

No comments:

Post a Comment