Monday, July 22, 2013

Another recommendation

Since you guys don't seem too interested in what I'm doing I thought I would once again make an entry on something I saw on Facebook or Pinterest and tried for myself. So here goes:

Hardwood floor polish. Yes. Hardwood floor polish. Our home is hardwoods throughout aside from the bathroom and lichen of course. But I saw this thing on Facebook, about a recipe for a hardwood floor polish concoction. So I figured why not. This is the recipe:
I made the following changes:  I don't know about the rest of you, but olive oil is expensive!!!!  I can't afford to just toss it on my floors. So I use a different type of oil. Also, I did not have lemon juice in a bottle. But I did have lemons. (Yes, I'm THAT mom). So there I am, literally squeezing lemons in my kitchen and realize three lemons only yielded about one quarter of a cup. So I squeezed a few lines. I thought 'citrus is citrus'. Anyway. I put the oil and lemon/lime juice into my bucket and added very hot water. Then I sloshed it around win my mop. I wrung it out well as stated in the image and began to mop. I mopped all of the hardwood floors in the house and once the floor was dry, snapped an 'after' picture. (Don't worry. I took a 'before' picture as well) This is what I ended up with:
The before picture was taken with natural lighting, and the after was snapped with the overhead light on. But you get the general idea. It is something that I may make a monthly routine but I will need a second mop. This is why:

There are things these Pinterest and  Facebook posts don't tell you. Enter Jenny. 
1) mix concoction well or it will look like you're just swabbing oil into your floor
2) it takes forever to rinse the oil out of your mop so perhaps you use a second mop entirely for polish
3) the bucket will be oily when you're finished. Dawn dish detergent gets the bucket clean. If you can remove your mop head, toss it in the washer alone and add baking soda to your detergent. It helps. 

If you have a better remedy to keep hardwood floors looking awesome, let me know!!!!!!

Oh, I you want something else reviewed just give me a shout. I love this stuff. 

No comments:

Post a Comment