Saturday, February 22, 2014

DIY Headband Holder

So today I'm going to show you all how to turn a 42 ounce dry oatmeal canister into a cute and sassy headband holder for your princesses and divas!  Here's what you'll need:

-Empty and cleaned oatmeal canister (I'm using quick oats, 42 oz)
-Fabric of your choice
-Adhesive of your choice (I'm using hot glue)
-Scissors
-Ribbon for trim (optional)
-Flowers for embellishment (optional)


First step is to measure and cut your fabric. I was lucky. This scrap of ballerina print left over from an order is the perfect size. Now let's get sticky!


I started with a not so straight line of glue. Then I aligned and pressed the fabric down to smooth the glue and prevent a rough line underneath. 


Next, wrap it around, making sure to stay aligned with your top edge and glue along the entire length of your fabric. (Yes, I only used two strips of glue: one at the start and one at the finish).


I decided to add 3/8" purple grosgrain ribbon at the top as a trim, gluing it all the way around. 


Now let's talk about the bottom. You can trim yours to just the bottom edge so you don't have to glue it or you can glue. Mine was again a practical perfect fit so I opted to glue. Like this:





Now I don't know about the rest of you but I have a total princess. So I decided to add some cute flowers I had on hand. 


Isn't that precious?  Now let's add some headbands!


I opted to add bows, her hair ties and her brush. Because I added flowers, the top went into the recycling bin. 


Very simple, a quick project and it warms my organization loving heart. Have fun with your own or, if you decide it's too much to try just pop on over to Facebook and order one from us! www.facebook.com/creativecuties



No comments:

Post a Comment